If you'd like to work at OHES below is a list of our available positions, you can apply by sending us your CV and supporting statements to email@example.com.
Location: Manchester / Doncaster / Edinburgh, Droitwich and Wokingham Department: Contaminated Land
Salary offered: Competitive
OHES Environmental and Adler & Allan are seeking to appoint three qualified and experienced Senior Environmental Consultants. Reporting to the Regional Manager North, Midlands or South, the Senior Environmental Consultant will facilitate planning, procurement, supervision, data collection and storage in relation to Contaminated Land Investigation and Remediation works. They will assist in the development of Contaminated Land across the business in their region and in the wider market place
Employed on a full-time basis with the need to satisfy overtime requirements and the need to regularly stay away from home overnight, key tasks and accountabilities are as follows:
- Demonstrating a broad understanding of A+A Contaminated Land services/disciplines in multiple areas. May specialise in a particular service area or discipline and lead on this in the A+A Contaminated Land team
- Demonstrating a robust understanding of concepts in earth/environmental sciences including a good understanding of contaminant fate and transport/contaminant linkage assessment in at least one area. Guiding and mentoring other staff.
- Producing robust CSMs on complex sites. Undertaking and guiding others in complex Preliminary Risk Assessments.
- Project-managing or leading large intrusive investigation works and/or remedial works. Routinely managing a number of medium to large sized complex projects, whilst maintaining oversight on a number of smaller projects concurrently with structured input from overseer.
- Displaying clarity and a systematic approach in delegation. Maintaining support to delegates at all times and acting as mentor to individuals. Capable of leading a large and diverse project team, and approaching delegation with a strong teamwork ethic.
- Producing comprehensive, technically robust interpretative reports with minimal input from senior staff.
- Producing high value, complex proposals which demonstrate a solid understanding of the client’s needs, drivers, environmental technicalities and solutions, and business risks to A+A, in a clear and systematic style.
- Attending multi-stakeholder meetings unaccompanied to discuss technical and/or commercial aspects of large projects or tenders.
- Demonstrating a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Displaying characteristics such as authority, persuasiveness and integrity.
- Providing accurate and timely information to line management as required.
- Supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels.
- A teamwork ethic is essential and the provision of support, advice and training to less experienced members will be required on an ongoing basis..
- The post holder will also be required to undertake quality assurance and safety performance audits on works carried out by others and to provide constructive feedback on the outcome of these inspections.
- A key part of the role will require the post holder to take part in Business Development activities in technical adviser and key client management/development capacities.
Applicants should be qualified to Bachelor’s Degree level in geology, environmental science, environmental chemistry or similar discipline. 4 or more years of Contaminated Land and Groundwater Project Management experience, in either a contracting or consulting organisation will be required and the post holders must have a full clean UK driving licence and right to work in the UK.
What we offer in return
We are growing fast and with an expanding team, comes opportunity for progression. We offer a rewarding career in a can-do environment where you can be both strategic and hands on. There is a clear progression path within the team. Under supervision and mentoring, you will undertake tasks associated with the role of consultant, with the ultimate goal of you progressing into an environmental consultant. We also offer:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A competitive starting salary, increasing with progression.
- A company car / vehicle suitable for your role
- Company Pension Scheme
- A Refer a Friend Scheme
- A supportive and progressive environment
Should you wish to apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Location: UK Wide Department: All
The Adler and Allan Group is one of the UK’s leading environmental risk reduction businesses. We protect the environment and our clients by making them stronger, more resilient and compliant. We believe that environmental protection and a strong business go hand in hand.
OHES Environmental Ltd, part of the Adler and Allan Group is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Our areas of expertise include;
- Environmental Claims
- Contaminated Land
- Spill Response
- Ecology & Fisheries
- Water Quality
- Environmental Training
We focus on providing our customers with tailored and relevant services to best support their needs in a range of scenarios, including Environmental Incidents, Operations, Due Diligence and Land Development.
What are we looking for?
Due to business growth we have exciting opportunities for a range of roles across the UK, including
- Graduate Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Consultant
- Senior Environmental Consultant
- Principal Consultant
- Ecology professionals
Candidates should be degree educated and demonstrate a highly motivated, adaptable and flexible attitude; strong professionalism and integrity; excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively and confidently; excellent organisational and time management skills; a strong teamwork ethic; commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of customer service and satisfaction. Possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for all our roles.
What we can offer you:
We are growing fast, and with an expanding team comes opportunity for progression. We offer a rewarding career in a can-do environment where you can be both strategic and hands on. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make a difference, this is the role for you.
You will have clear competency-based career development within our organisation, receiving regular training, coaching and mentoring. We offer a generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays, a company vehicle suitable for your role, a company pension scheme, a ‘refer a friend’ scheme and a competitive salary that increases with progression. You will be offered full induction training and will work in a team led, supportive environment that thrives on delivering for our customers.
If you are looking to develop your environmental career, and believe you have the right skills and experience for a position with us—please email your CV to email@example.com!