Excess soil, often in considerable amounts, is produced during land redevelopment sourced from activities such as general earthworks/levelling, foundation excavations, etc. Particularly on brownfield development sites, these soils and materials can be one of the biggest potential sources of uncertainty, cost and programme risk, whether unexpected or not. However, excess soils are not simply ‘waste’, they are resources which could generate value for your project.
With wide experience managing soil and materials on a range of projects, from 1 m3 to 1,000,000 m3 and more, OHES are well placed to advise and identify solutions to make the waste management issues straightforward and predictable so that clients can deliver sustainable projects which optimise the value of the available resources.
Our services include:
- Initial waste classification and soil re-use options advice at feasibility stage.
- Site Investigation and earthworks sampling to classify wastes.
- Identifying and managing appropriate disposal options.
- Supervising bulk earthworks in order to segregate different materials into different waste streams.
- Advice and support on relevant environmental permitting issues.