Habitat Restoration & Design Case Study
Restoration of Barr Loch
This project, for RSPB Scotland, seeks to restore floodplain morphometry and functioning and improve water quality in the main Loch through re-organisation of the drainage network, river restoration and catchment works
Specific elements include:
- Soil and peat surveys of floodplain and channel locations.
- Topographic levels surveys.
- Wetland restoration proposals
- River restoration and re-profiling.
- CDM and HSE recommendations